Up for sale, a pair restored Heathkit W5M mono tube amplifiers from early 1960s. Restored and retubed this year. I have owned and worked on others of these amps so I know them pretty well. Original US transformers. Desirable Peerless 16458 transformers are great - sound is fantastic.
Circuit is original but has many new capacitors and resistors. Power switch added to front. Printed schematic supplied. Sound great, warm and full, and very quiet for vintage tube amps.
- Excellent Sylvania 6L6GC tubes, bias stable. GE 5R4GY rectifiers in new sockets. All sockets cleaned.
- RCA 12BH7A in first input position, also RCA clear top 12AU7s.
- Hi-quality, mostly metal film resistors added.
- Cardas eutectic silver-bearing solder used in signal path.
- 4,8,16 ohm speaker terminals.- Original screw-type speaker terminals with 4 gold-plated banana adapters.
- All new power supply parts. The can capacitors are only partly used, mainly act as placeholders to retain original appearance.
- New, long 2-prong power cord.
- Original covers look good, fit snug. No Hk badges.
Voltages within spec. Chassis' were sprayed over with a metallic orange paint by previous owner, which I personally like, but they don't match exactly and may not be to everyone's taste. There are matching touch-ups to the paint. The amplifiers were originally manufactured at different times and so they differ slightly. All restoration parts are the same however. I rebuilt these amplifiers to keep but I have other amps as well.
Buyer will receive 2 amplifiers, w/ tubes, as shown. I've sold several components to very satisfied buyers here. Will be well-packed and ship by FedEx ground within US - best price for this weight. Will try to keep shipping cost to a minimum. Asking US$1200. No PayPal fee. See my seller feedback and thanks for looking.
More pictures available. Email Babylonart@aol.com. directly