For sale is the Audio Electronic Supply (AES) SE-1 Signature single-ended triode 300B/2A3 tube amplifier made by AES, a division of Cary Audio Design, in perfect working order.
The SE-1 signature has long been admired by single-ended triode enthusiasts for its ability to play both 2A3 and 300B tubes and its affordability. If you have high efficiency speakers, then this 7-wpc amp might be what you're looking for.
Included are the following, all of which are pictured (except box):
This amplifier began its life as a standard SE-1 until it was upgraded to Signature status by Cary Audio at the factory.
- The amplifier
- Power cable
- Biasing plug to easily set power tube bias with a multimeter ($30 value). Multimeter not included but you can buy one at Radio Shack
- Sales receipt for RHB Sound Dezign modifications (more on this below)
- Your choice of either Electro-Harmonix 2A3 or E-H 300B power tubes (will sell both for the right deal). 2A3 have under 100 hours. 300B have low hours.
- Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 Driver tubes, with under 100 hours from Upscale Audio
- New factory box and packaging (not picture)
The amplifier has been further improved with circuit and power supply enhancements by RHB Sound Dezign ($1,400 total). The upgrades include:
- Install 1 DLSC-3 (2 PC boards) dynamic linearity servo circuits for input tube
- Install 1 DLSC-2 (2 PC boards) dynamic linearity servo circuits for input tube
- Install power supply mod for B+ and B- for bias circuit
See my AES SE-1 photo gallery with more higher resolution images.
I have 100% positive audiogon and eBay feedback (click links to see).
Thanks for looking, and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.